Very easy to make except lots of preparation and washing hahaha.
Soya Sauce Chicken
few slices ginger
few cloves of garlic
Star anise, cinnamon, cloves for fragrance to the sauce
2 and half tablespoon sugar
300 ml water
1/4 cup dark soya sauce
2 cups Jasmine rice
handful of dried shrimps (soak and wash)
1 rice bowl of taro (cut into cubes)
1. Marinate the chicken with 1/4 cup of dark soya sauce
2. Place the chicken into the rice cooker with all the dark soya sauce
3. Add all the ingredients into the rice cooker.
4. Cook the chicken in the rice cooker with the default rice cooking button (45 mins cooking time)
5. When chicken is done, transfer to dish
6. Use the rice cooker to cook the Taro Rice
7. Wash the rice and add the soya sauce instead of water to the rice.
8. 2 cups rice plus 2 cups soya sauce gravy (for softer rice, 1 cup rice plus 1.2 cup soya sauce gravy)
9. Add the dried shrimps and taro into the rice and cook using the default rice cooking button (cooking time 45 mins)
Step by step tutorial video