Sunday, November 30, 2008

Emperor Herbs Chicken Spices

This is a very easy dish to do but need about 2 and half hours to steam it.

HDPE wrapper and aluminium foil and spices(found inside the packet)

Appy Seah's Spices Emperor Herbs Chicken Spices on skin and internal of chicken. Wrap chicken with HDPE wrapper and aluminium foil.

Steam for about 2½hours using low fire. Serve hot.
Note:
(1) Please keep checking water don't dried up when steaming. If you are forgetful, it is alway useful to set a timer with ringing sound for every 20 mins.

(2) Always opening the cover of a steaming wok/pot away from you and let the steam escape before you looked inside the food. The steam can burn you.

Instructions on how to cook the chicken can be found behind the packet of spices and also on Seah's Spices Food Ind. Pte Ltd website.

2 comments:

J.C. said...

I used to make Emperor Chicken too. To cut short the steaming time, I steames it in a pressure cooker.

Wow, delicious looking chicken. Probably I should think of making one again!

Btw, I found a trick from my friends. They use the Emperor Chicken ingredients to make Bak Kut Teh. Due to the content of "tong kwe" in the Emperor Chicken ingredients, the Bak Kut Teh tasted better than using the usual Bak Kut Teh ingredients! Nowadays I also start using Emperor Chicken ingredients for my bak kut teh.

alicesg said...

JC, I think I might try that. Thanks a lot. :)