Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Chinese New Year 2016 - Lunch

On 2nd day of Chinese New Year, we had a family gathering at my brother's house and to pray respect to our late parents.

We help to contribute to the food pot luck. I prepare some deep fried ready bought spring roll.

Fried some sotong balls and prawn balls too.

This is how the spring home prawn spring roll looked like.

Each packet consists of 6 mini spring rolls, I bought 4 packets of the prawn flavour spring rolls.

I also baked some char siew (BBQ pork). I marinated the char siew the night before and in the morning I just popped them in the oven.

Took me about 1 hour to prepare and cooked my contribution.

I also made some chendol agar agar the night before.

Abalone yusheng (see the below video of us tossing the yusheng (no fish but abalone cause of the food poisoning cases of raw fish, we are boycotting raw fish at the moment.)

So much food, most cooked by my eldest sister and my sister in law.

A family friend of my brother gave him some chocolate in the shape of chinese chess. Oooo so beautiful.

Hahaha I choose the king chocolate.

Video of us tossing yusheng, noisy but the fun is there. Chinese New Year must have lots of food, noises, laughter and fun.

No comments: