Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Different ways of making agar agar

I just made some agar agar for tomorrow christmas party at my brother's house.
Bought this box of chendol strips from the supermarket.


This is how the chendol strips looked like. I blanched them in hot water and set aside. Boil 12 gm agar agar powder, 850ml of water, 200 gm caster sugar, 200 ml coconut cream, pinch of salt, 3 pandan leaves tied into a knot, 1 box of green chendol strips.

When boiled pour into moulds and add some chendol strips. Let it set and refrigerate.
This heart shaped mould is lovely, I must remember to do a valentine dessert...lol

This is a peach agar agar. Just boiled some agar agar powder, water, sugar and when boiled, pour into mould and add peaches. Let it set and refrigerate.
Tonight I will make another dish, braised mushroom for tomorrow party. So these are my contribution for tomorrow pot luck party.

I am ready for tomorrow part. :)

4 comments:

CC said...

Yuuummmmmmmmmy. It all looks wonderful. I finally know what agar agar is, but the chendol strips have me. Are they sweet or savory? And !!!!!!!, I want some of the braised mushrooms. What I really need is just to come to your lovely country and live...then we could shop and eat, and eat and shop. :). Hugs and love from Texas..

alicesg said...

Hahaha, CC. I wish you come here and live and I could bring you round Singapore and yes, we would just eat and shop and shop and eat...hehehe. I posted a recipe of how to make the chendol strips in my next post. :)

Noodlegirl said...

oh i forgot all about chendol!

soulchocolate@hotmail.com said...

This is such a light and healthy dessert! I love how you have dotted the agar with juicy fruits.