Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DIY BBQ Pork

Ooooo, I found this recipe and make my first Bak Kwa. It tasted as good as those sold outside. But I wondered if it is cheaper to buy than to DIY....lol

After mixing the minced pork with the ingredients, roll it over with a plastic sheet on top so that the pork would not stick to the rolling pin.

Baked them on parchment paper.

Hurray, my Bak Kwa is all ready....hahaha....yummy. Do cut out the black burn ends as they are not healthy.

I need to bake a few times cause my portable oven is too small.

Lastly the worst problem was that my youngest son gobble all the bak kwa before I can finish the 3rd tray. So I had to lock my kitchen door to prevent him from attacking the final tray (lol). But he is smart to climb through the bar counter beside the kitchen door by opening the window above the counter....Help!!!!

Note: Bakkwa, or rougan is a Chinese salty-sweet dried meat product similar to jerky, made in the form of flat thin sheets. It is normally made from pork.

For more information, please view source.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, thanks for sharing this... :)

Unknown said...

ya, i wonder if it's cost effective to make it at home.

i am sure it must taste and smell really good. i trust your son's taste ;-) hehe.

alicesg said...

Yup, keropok, cheaper to buy than DIY. But this recipe is good if you are overseas and wanted to have some bak kwa when you crave for it. Most countries dont sell bak kwa.

Noodlegirl said...

I just love your food blog! Please come to my blog I have something for you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this. My wife and I have been missing bak kwa since our first trip to Singapore. Finally made it this morning. Wow!

alicesg said...

Hey Jason, Did you made the Bak Kwa? If you did, congratulations you can start your own bak kwa stall...lol.