Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dried Mee Siam


My first attempt on dried mee siam so it is not beautifully decorated or garnished.

There are many recipes of dried mee siam in the internet but this is my version. (adapted fromhttp://www.deliciousasianfood.com/)
200 gm rice vermicelli (soaked in hot water till soft and drained)
2 tbsp of dried shrimps (crushed and soaked)
1 large onion (minced)
1 tbsp of taucheon (preserved soya beans)(crushed)
2 beaten eggsfish cake (sliced)
2 tsp of chilli paste (see photo)-you can use any brand of chilli paste
2 small lime
some prawns
Seasoning
2 tsp of Light soya sauce (or to taste)
1 tsp of sugar (or to taste)
Method

1. Add some oil to wok, fry onion and shrimps till fragrant.
2. Add taucheon and chilli paste and fry till fragrant.
3. Add fish cake and prawns and fry till almost cooked and set aside.
4. Fry beaten eggs till almost done and mixed with the above ingredients in wok and add rice vermicelli.
5. Mix well and sprinkle some water and cooked till done.
6. Serve with a squeeze of the limes.

Note: You can add sliced boiled eggs as decoration to the mee siam.
As I do not like to pound the chilli, I bought the ready chilli paste.
The above photo was my first attempt, I will try again and this time I will add tau pok and sliced boiled egg to make my mee siam look prettier...lol

3 comments:

Noodlegirl said...

OMG Alice! That was fast oh I am going to buy the ingredients when I am in Hawaii and make it when I back in Oregon I will post about it too!

THANKS!!!!

PabloPabla said...

Hope you liked it :D

alicesg said...

PP, Ty for sharing your recipe. :)

Sonia, have a good trip in Hawaii, looking forward to seeing your version of meesiam. :)