Monday, January 12, 2009

High Tea Buffet at Chilli Padi Restaurant

My childhood friend, J and me were trying out the high tea buffet at Chilli Padi Restaurant. The price is quite cheap at only $8.60 (inclusive of service charge) but I wish they had more food.

The limited space for the buffet and the sitting arrangements are so close to each other that there are no privacy. The stranger next to you can listen to your conversation. I dont like the ambience in the restaurant.

Assorted Nonya Kuehs - yummy



Lotong to be taken with lemak (the lotong is a bit too hard)

Lemak to go with lotong


Laksa (sour type like penang laksa not the singapore laksa)

Laksa

Kuehs

Chwee Kuay (a type of steam rice cake) and topped with chai poh (preserved vegetables)- this is very nice.

Curry Puffs

The only dish that looked very nonya to me must be the kuehs. I think the next time, I would have ala carte nonya at a nicer restaurant like the one in vivo city that I went to the last time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aiyah u really killing me with all this yummy food!